Protecting your personal information is our highest priority. We adhere to the highest standards of internet security to protect against the interception of information that you provide us. Before your personal information is sent, it is encrypted using a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) Certificate issued by Mcaffe. In transit, this information is unreadable jumble, so that it cannot be deciphered by a third party and remains safe and private.
Mcaffe also provides third party business authentication to assure you that our Web site is authentic. Every SSL Certificate is created for a particular server in a specific domain for a verified business entity. Like a passport or a driver's license, an SSL Certificate is issued by a trusted authority. When the SSL handshake occurs, the browser requires authentication from the server. If the information does not match or the certificate has expired, the browser displays an error message.
To verify the security of your connection when you are ordering check these two things:
- If you are running Internet Explorer or Firefox there will be a closed padlock icon to the right of the browser address bar or in the lower corner of the window.
- The URL prefix "http:" will be replaced with "https:" in the address field of your browser when you enter the ordering process.
Some versions of browsers, as well as some firewalls, do not allow communication with a secure server. If this situation were to arise you would not even be able to access the ordering screen, thus preventing an insecure transaction. If your browser is at fault try downloading the latest version of it from their website.
If you prefer to place your order by phone, we welcome you to call us toll free at 877-298-1292. Our customer service team will be happy to assist you.
Confluence Kayaks has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to your privacy. Confluence Kayaks will not sell, trade, or lease your personal information to third parties. Ever. The following information discloses our information-gathering and dissemination practices for confluencekayaks.com:
- Our site uses an various forms for visitors to purchase products and request information and services. We collect users' contact information including but not limited to addresses, emails, phone numbers and financial information (such as credit card numbers). Contact information from the order form is used to send orders, information about our company, and occasional promotional materials from our partners to our users. When partners receive customer contact information, partners are informed of the confidential nature of the information and are limited to use of the information only for the purposes of planned promotions with Confluence Kayaks. The user's contact information is also used to contact customers directly when necessary (for instance with questions about their orders). Some of the products represented on our site ship directly from the product manufacturer to the customer. In such a case we provide the customer's shipping information to the manufacturer for order fulfillment purposes only. Financial information that is collected is used to bill the customer for products and services.
- Confluence Kayaks runs contests on our site in which we ask visitors for contact information (typically an email address). We use this contact information to notify contest winners, and to send promotional information to you. Customers who receive our emails may opt-out of receiving future emails at any time by clicking the "unsubscribe" link within each email.
- This site contains links to other sites. Confluence Kayaks is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such web sites.
- We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our Web site. Your IP address is used to help identify you and your shopping cart.
- Our website debugging tool is designed to help understand problem areas on the website and fix them. In order to accomplish this, some visitor sessions may be recorded for debugging purposes. Personal information is not recorded.