Protect yourself while stand up paddling or surfing with the NRS Big Kahuna Inflatable PFD. Stores around the waist and out of the way until you need it.
Note: This PFD is certified by the U.S. Coast Guard as a Type V PFD. However, it meets Coast Guard requirements for Type III PFDs when it is worn. In other words, you have to have the pouch secured around your waist for it to qualify as a required flotation device. It is only approved for use by persons 16 years of age or older.
- Provides 29 lbs. of flotation in the event of an emergency.
- Inflates instantly with the simple pull of a cord.
- Adjustable ripstop nylon waist pack stays out of your way for SUP or surfing.
- Two adjustable webbing tethers keep the inflated PFD from floating away.
- A manual mouth valve backs up the CO2-powered inflator.
- A zippered pocket on the waist bag holds sunscreen, snacks and other small essentials.
- The bag's clear window lets you check the inflator mechanism for readiness.
- We've even attached a Nexus nautical safety whistle to help you signal for help.
- This PFD carries the US Coast Guard Certification, through testing by Underwriters Laboratories (UL).
- If you are flying with your Big Kahuna Inflatable PFD, the Transportation Safety Administration (TSA) says on their website, "You may bring a life vest with up to two CO2 cartridges inside, plus two spare cartridges in your carry-on or checked bag." Be aware that individual TSA agents may not have read that particular regulation.
- Includes 33 gram CO2 cartridge. NRS CO2 Re-Arming Kit sold separately, item #40031.01.