New for 2019, The Shred Ready Zeta Helmet combines the style and swagger of iconic sports figures with high-tech energy management foams on a user-friendly platform. The name Zeta heralds from a confluence of several dynamic elements; the infamous rapid of the Futaleufu River, the symbol for the damping ratio of a material, and the seventh letter of the Greek Alphabet…not to mention the number of legendary center-fielder, Micky Mantle. The design process for the Zeta was driven by three factors; iconic style, unparalleled protection and intuitive use.
Typically, energy absorption materials are hard and uncomfortable. These harder foams are covered with softer, non-functional foams for comfort which then adds to the complexity and geometry of a helmet. Shred Ready teamed with DCLAN technologies for the solution; DCLAN foam is soft and comfortable in a normal state, but when impacted it transforms and directs energy away from users head, achieving both comfort and protection in one material.
There are some solid new features with the Zeta as well. A newly designed - single hand adjustable “Hand of God” occipital lock utilizing the BOA reel and lacing system while reducing it’s overall foot print. A new strap configuration adds overall comfort and stability followed by strap adjusters with some new flavor. We also added crucial protection around the temple area with our new temple guards and LDP (light deflection paint) to the underside of the brim to reduce glare. All of these create a better experience while keeping the Zeta platform simple and easy to use.
Shred Ready Zeta Features:
- ABS injection molded shell.
- Multi-Impact molded DCLAN foam liner.
- HOG 4.0 BOA Retention system.
- Interchangeable compression molded closed-cell foam fitting pads with silicone strip to reduce helmet slip.
- Soft nylon webbing. Stainless steel rivets and burrs to stop the corrosion. Duraflex fasteners, adjusters, and stops.
- Four-point retention system.
- One-Year limited warranty on workmanship and materials.
Sizing: Head Circumference